This week, I have had some time to really reflect on the structure of how I will carry out the development of this platform and how it will be integrated into the school’s system.
I realise that I will not be able to develop an add-on for the intranet platform of each school. This first being that not every school has an intranet system that is accessible to the students. Another reason is that there are so many different intranet platforms and it will not be possible to develop a platform that is going to be compatible with all of them. I want to make sure that my product can be used by every school without acceptation so, for this reason, I am moving away from the idea of developing an intranet add-on.
The structures I will have to look into is a WordPress plugin that could be added onto the school’s website easily. This would not need any extra software, it would just be an extension of the school’s website. Another possible structure I could use is to create something a bit like the Adobe Creative Cloud. This would mean I would be creating a kind of product where the school would be given access to a certain number of licences which they could install on their computers.
I need to bear in mind that the internet speed in these school might not be very good, so I need to come up with something that is clean and simple and is not too heavy on graphics. I also need to make sure it is very easy to install or integrate into the school’s computers and also how the school functions.
I am happy with the progress that I have made this week in terms of development and research but I have a lot more to do in terms of the structure of the platform and the technical side of this. I will look into this in the next stage of my project.